- 4 large or 8-10 small Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
2. Scrub all potatoes and slice into french fries. I suggest using Agria, Maris Piper, russet, or any other floury potato for the best texture. You’ll want to keep these pretty narrow rather than chunky to ensure they crisp up well.
3. Mix all herbs and spices together. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated.
4. Line a shallow tray with baking paper. Spread the potatoes in one layer and leave a little space between them. Use two trays if you have to – if they pile on top of each other, they won’t turn out crispy.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown with crunchy bits. Turn them over halfway through to ensure an even crunch. Leave for 1-2 more minutes to get even crispier. They’re ready to serve. Enjoy! 😊
Also by Debbie: Mushroom Sticky Rice (Lo Mai Gai)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan