Broccoli Brown Rice Risotto With Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Cups Brown Rice
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1 Pakage Mushrooms
- 1 jar Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 3 leaves Kale
- 2 Cups Cashews
- 3/4 Cup Basil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Chickpea Miso
- 1.5 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander
- 1/2 Tbs Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Water
1. Start by cooking the rice in a rice cooker.
2. Chop the broccoli, mushrooms, and kale.
3. If you have a rice cooker with a separate level, you can steam the broccoli with the rice, otherwise, sauté it.
4. Add mushrooms to a skillet and saute for a few minutes, and then add the kale.
5. Chop or process the sun-dried tomatoes.
6. Once the rice and veggies are done, add them to a large mixing bowl with the sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tsp of salt.
7. Now add the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend until extremely smooth.
8. Add to mixing bowl, mix together, and serve!
Also by Lindsey: Cheesy Quinoa Corn Vegan Quesadilla
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lindsey Blakley