This recipe is pretty versatile, so you can swap out fava beans for another favorite bean and replace the parsley with cilantro in the pesto if you'd like. However you choose to make it, I hope you love this dish as much as I do!
Vegan Fava Bean Pesto Pasta
- 2 medium zucchinis, spiralized
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 1/2 cups fava beans
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1/3 cup raw or toasted unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
1. Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. While soba noodles are cooking, spiralize zucchini into noodles.
3. In a food processor, add garlic and pulse until minced. Add in parsley, basil, cashews, lemon juice, and sea salt and run the processor until the ingredients are combined. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while the processor is running (you may need to occasionally stop and scrape down the sides) until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
4. In a large bowl, mix together zucchini, soba noodles, and fava beans, then top with the pesto and mix until all the noodles are coated evenly. Top with nutritional yeast, if desired.
Also by Molly: Chickpea Salad with Polenta Croutons
Related: Vegan Matcha Soba Noodles
Soba Noodles with Apple Miso Sauce
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne