I eat smoothie bowls on a regular basis for summer breakfasts. They always feel like eating ice cream for breakfast, and who doesn’t want ice cream when you wake up? I love how you can make them so diverse and nutritious by trying new fruit, nut, and veg combinations. If you’re looking for a new smoothie bowl combination, my current favorite combines frozen blackberries and walnut. This vegan walnut and blackberry smoothie bowl is filling yet refreshing, making it a perfect way to start a busy summer morning. No to mention, blackberries are loaded with vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants!
I used walnut butter in my bowl, but if you don’t have walnut butter, raw walnuts will work instead, or use any other nut butter in its place. If you want a lower sugar smoothie, use cauliflower, and for a sweeter shake, use one banana instead. Enjoy this nutritious walnut and blackberry smoothie bowl for breakfast or a summer snack.
Vegan Walnut & Blackberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower or banana
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon walnut butter (or 2 tablespoons or raw walnuts)
- fresh blackberries
- chopped walnuts
- chia seeds
1. Place all ingredients (excluding fresh blackberries, chopped walnuts, and chia seeds) in a high-speed blender and pulse until creamy and smooth.
2. Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately. Top with fresh blackberries, chopped walnuts, and chia seeds.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Kebabs with Pesto and Cauliflower Rice
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier