Every morning growing up, I enjoyed a big glass of orange juice with my breakfast. The meal just wasn’t the same without it. I don’t drink juice in the mornings anymore, but I still love to get a couple of servings of fruit in first thing!
This Sweet Citrus Smoothie Bowl packs in tons of whole fruits to start your day! The mix of orange, mango, and banana create a pretty color that is sure to brighten your morning. Plus, the natural sugars in the fruit will give you a burst of energy–and the fiber will help keep you satiated throughout the AM.
I enjoyed mine topped with more citrus, granola, shredded coconut, and pomegranate seeds, but anything goes. IF you don’t have time to enjoy a smoothie bowl, add more almond milk and turn it into a Citrus Shake to grab on your way out the door.
Energizing Sweet Citrus Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower (or ice)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- pomegranate seeds, to top (optional)
- coconut flakes, to top (optional)
- granola, to top (optional)
- orange segments, to top (optional)
- grapefruit segments, to top (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until it reaches the desired consistency.
2. Top with pomegranate seeds, coconut flakes, segmented orange and grapefruit, and granola.
Also by Lauren: Gluten-Free Butternut Squash Pesto Pizza
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier