- 1 well mashed banana
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 sliced banana
- sliced almonds for garnish
2. Slowly pour in the almond milk, whisking as you pour.
3. Bring the heat on the stove to medium. Whisk in the mashed banana. Heat until the mixture begins to boil and then reduce the temperature to low.
4. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, until you notice it begin to smooth and thicken. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Remove from heat and let cool. Pour into a glass bowl and cover with plastic wrap or foil and leave in the fridge for a few hours, until thick and almost solid.
6. Open your can of coconut cream and scoop the top solid layer out into a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla extract and beat with an electric mixer until it's fluffy.
7. Add the powdered sugar and beat for another minute or so. Add this to the fridge to chill with the pudding.
8. When the pudding is ready, remove from the fridge and stir it into the coconut whipped cream. This is what makes it a cream pie pudding rather than traditional pudding. You can set a little of the coconut cream aside for topping.
9. Top with coconut whipped cream, banana slices, almonds, and cinnamon.
Also by Lauren: Banana Bread Date Newtons
Related: Vegan Banoffee Pie with Coconut Whip
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote