J.Lo just turned 48, and do you know what she did on her birthday? She worked out! This ageless beauty seems to be defying time and gravity with her amazingly fit body. J.Lo does a lot of different activities from dance to weight training to her favorite workouts with celebrity trainer, Tracy Anderson of the Tracy Anderson Method, to keep her sculpted hourglass shape. Her infamous booty can be credited to Anderson’s killer lower body workout with ankle weights. Anderson reveals the five Tracy Anderson Method moves that give J.Lo her sexy sculpted shape in an article originally posted on Health.com.
J.Lo uses 5-pound ankle weights, but you can start with lighter ones if you prefer. Even with no weights, these Tracy Anderson Method moves will surely burn your booty while strengthening the rest of your body! Do 30 reps of each move on each side.
1. Flexed Knee Pull and Arabesque– Get down on all fours, lower onto your forearms, and clasp your hands. Keep your foot flexed as you pull one knee into your chest and then extend it back and up as you squeeze your glutes and keep your abs pulled in. Repeat the movement, never allowing your working knee to touch the ground.
2. Coupé Push Up to Attitude– Lie face down with your elbows bent in close to your body and your hands on the floor under your shoulders. Bend your left leg out to the side, crossing your left ankle over the back of your right knee. Straighten your arms as you push your upper body back and up onto your right knee while lifting the left leg up. Keep the turnout position in the left leg as you lift it behind you. Reverse the movement to lower back down and repeat.
3. Lifted Side Kick– Sit on your right hip with your knees bent and prop yourself up onto your right forearm. Your left hand will be on your hip and your left lower leg will be on the floor slightly in front of your right leg. Lift your hips into a half kneeling side plank as you kick your left leg out and up in parallel. Return your left leg to the ground and repeat.
4. Shoulder Balance with Leg Pull– Get down on all fours and thread your right arm underneath your chest as you lower the right side of your head and shoulder onto the ground. Keep your right palm facing up and place your left hand on the floor in front of your face for support. Extend your left leg out to the side with your toes on the floor. Keeping your upper body stable, lift the left leg up and back with the toes pointed. Your body should make one diagonal line from your left foot to your left shoulder. Lower the leg back down to the side and repeat.
5. Lunge Arabesque– Kneel with your hands on your hips. Step your right foot out so that your foot is turned out with your heel slightly farther than your knee. Lunge into your right leg. Come back up, lower your forearms onto the floor in front of you as you extend your right leg back and up into an arabesque. Use your core to come back up into your kneeling lunge position and repeat.
Have you ever tried the Tracy Anderson Method? How do you like it?
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Tracy Anderson via Facebook; Video: Crystal Chin