Sofia Vergara’s Workout That Sculpts Her Scorching Physique–Revealed (Video)
Want to know how Columbian actress, Sofia Vergara, maintains her sexy, sculpted figure? She does Pilates 5-6 times a week! The Modern Family star loves an intense Pilates session on the Megaformer, a version of the traditional Pilates reformer that allows for more intense workouts while remaining low impact. The machine has a sliding platform and weighted springs. Not everyone can afford to have a Megaformer in their house, but you can do the same moves from the Sofia Vergara workout using a few simple props. You will need free weights, slider discs (or towel on a slick floor), and a resistance band. Vergara’s Pilates Instructor, Jennifer Yates, shared her workout with SHAPE.com. Here are 6 moves from the Sofia Vergara workout to get toned abs, glutes, and arms like the lovely actress.
1. Elevator Lunge– Stand with your feet in parallel hip distance apart and your hands on your hips. One foot should be on top of the slider disc or towel. Glide that foot back for 4 counts as you lower into a lunge with the front thigh parallel to the ground. Take 4 counts to come back up. Make sure to keep your weight in the front heel, never allowing your knee to pass your toes. Repeat lunges for 2 minutes before switching sides.
2. Dumbbell Wall Sit– Hold a 10 pound or heavier dumbbell with your hands in front of your chest. Lean your back up against a wall with your feet placed about a foot away from it. Slide down the wall until your thighs are parallel to the ground. There should be a 90-degree angle in your legs. Hold for 1-2 minutes.
3. Teaser With Slider Disc– Get into a plank position on your hands with each foot on a disc. Cross your right foot over your left so that your hips are twisted but your upper body remains square. Using your abs, especially the right oblique, pull your hips up to the ceiling for 4 counts and then back down for 4 counts. Do these for 1 minute. Repeat on the other side.
4. Tailbone Angel– Tie your resistance band around something stable and hold each end in each hand. Sit down far enough away from the center of the band to have light resistance. Lean back as you lift your legs into a tabletop position, balancing on your tailbone. Hold both arms out in front with the palms facing each other. Pull the arms apart to your sides for 4 counts as you straighten your legs in the air. Take 4 counts to return to the start position and repeat for 1 minute.
5. Side Leg Sweep– (This exercise can be done with or without a resistance band.) Hook one end of the band over your right foot. Get down on all fours and hold the other end of the band down to the ground with your hands. Your shoulders should be directly over your wrists and hips over knees. Extend your right leg straight back and sweep it to the side for 4 counts and back again for 4 counts. Keep tension on the band at all times. Do for 2 minutes and then switch sides.
6. Cheerleader Arm Circles– Kneel or sit down on your heels and anchor the resistance band at chest height. Hold each end in your hands with the arms extended out and palms down. Keeping your core tight, circle the arms up and around until you return to shoulder level. Do for 30 seconds in each direction.
For a body like Vergara’s, it takes dedication. She is known to make time for exercise even while on vacation. Eat a healthy diet and do this Sofia Vergara workout at least 3 times a week to get that lean, sculpted Pilates body!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Video: Crystal Chin