- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup finely diced watermelon
- 2–3 tbsp parsley, dried or fresh, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 can canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tbs olive oil
- to taste salt, pepper
- to taste hot sauce ( I used jabanero sauce)
1. If you need prepare the rice and let it cool down before, or you can use leftover rice as well as I did for this one.
2. In a large bowl, combine cooled, cooked rice , parsley, green onions and chickpeas. Add in lemon juice, olive oil, and season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce to your preference.
3. Let it sit for about 20–30 minutes so the flavors combine well.
4. Add in the diced watermelon just before serving.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth