- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans recommended)
- 1 cup craisins
- 3–4 stalks of celery
- 1 cup parsley
- For the dressing
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
1. Thoroughly rinse and chop the cauliflower into bite-sized stalks, ideally around 1–2 inches tall.
2. In a large bowl, heat up water and salt, and boil the cauliflower for 5–7 minutes, or until tender when pressed with a fork.
3. While cauliflower is boiling, wash and chop the celery stalks into fine pieces. Add to a bowl with craisins and nuts.
4. Wash parsley and slice leaves off the steam, removing any remaining stems from the pile of parsley. Measure 1 cup and add to the nut, craisin, and celery mixture. Set aside.
5. In a smaller bowl, mash two avocados with onion powder, salt, 2 tbsp water, 1 tbsp vinegar, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Set aside.
6. Strain cauliflower and run through cold water to cool the cauliflower stalks. Combine with nut / craisin mixture.
7. Pour the avocado dressing on top, stirring until well combined and incorporated.
8. Chill in fridge and serve when cooled.
Also by Dana: How To Create The Perfect Vegan Charcuterie
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick