The recipe is super easy and quick. It filled me as it is but you can also serve it over bucatini or with crunchy toast that you dip in the sauce. It's super delicious.
I really love to make this dish when meal prepping for office days. But I also wish I'd had these IKEA balls when I was at university, which would have made my life so much easier.
IKEA Swedish Veggie Balls In Tomato Sauce (GF Vegan)
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 240 g IKEA Swedish veggie balls
- 1 echalion shallot, chopped
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp Sundried Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 50g vegan cheddar
- 50g vegan mozzarella
- 50g vegan parmesan
- to taste salt, pepper
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the veggie balls for 10-12 minutes until browned all over, remove and keep warm.
2. Add the remaining oil to the pan and fry the shallot and tomatoes for 4–5 minutes stirring occasionally until the tomatoes become soft.
3. Stir in the tomato paste, oregano, thyme and basil, and return the veggie balls to the pan. Season well.
4. Grate the cheese over the balls and cover the pan with a lid to let the cheese melt.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth