I am the total opposite now. My peach cobbler recipe has a crumble on top, however on occasion I will add a crust and even have three layers. I only do the three layers for potlucks and for people new to healthy eating. I like to surprise them and show how tasty healthy eating can be.
I did my best to be accurate with the liquid ingredients. I was very conservative with the measurements, as I particularly do not like a lot of juice in my cobbler. I also bake this dish in a cast iron skillet, however any 9-inch baking dish will do.
Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes: Skillet Peach Cobbler (Inspired By My Grandmother)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 cups peaches, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3-4 tbsp organic coconut sugar OR 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder OR tapioca starch
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
OPTIONAL PIE CRUST : On occasion I will purchase a Gluten and Dairy Free Pie Crust and use instead of adding a topping. I have also tried the Gluten Free Pie Crust recipe from Erika at A Little Insanity and found it to be very easy to make and delicious.
OPTIONAL TOPPING: Coconut Bliss Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
1. Preheat the over to 350F. Combine the filling ingredients in a large sauce pan. When it has come to a boil, allow the ingredients to simmer until the peaches are tender. Turn off the heat.
2. Mix the walnuts and shredded coconut in a food processor until they form a crumble. Add the remaining and process again. The crumble will be sticky because of the Maple Syrup.
3. Lightly coat the cast iron skillet or baking dish with coconut oil. Pour the filling and top with the crumble. Back for 15 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. Serve warm.
CHEERS TO YOUR HEALTH!
More pie recipes: Mini Chocolate Pumpkin Pie with Hazelnut Crust
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: EnJunaya Canton