I used the herbed sauce for this recipe but if you can't get your hands on it, just use any kind of roasted tomato sauce and mix it with your own herbs.
Vegan Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tsp olive oil
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1 can herbed tomato sauce (or add basil, oregano, parsley to taste)
- 3 tbsp vegan sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp lemon juice
- to garnish fresh basil
- 1 cup vegn cheese, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on each half of squash, then place face up on a baking sheet. Roast for 30-45 minutes, then test squash with a fork. If it appears strand-like and is easily pulled out it means the squash is done.
3. While squash is roasting, prepare your sauces. If you don’t have herbed tomato sauce, then mix dried herbs, salt and pepper in your tomato sauce according to your taste.
4. In a bowl, mix together vegan sour cream with lemon juice, pinch of salt, pepper, garlic powder, taste and adjust seasoning to your like.
5. When squash are finished roasting, turn off your oven and let the squash cool for a few minutes. Carefully scrape out the insides of the squash with a fork, maintaining the shell (as this will be the boat we stuff).
6. In layers, begin adding spaghetti squash strands, tomato sauce, and sour cream. Fill the boats to the top, and make the last layer the shredded vegan cheese. Broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
7. Garnish with optional fresh herbs and enjoy!
Also by Imola: GF Vegan Potato Galette
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth