- 400g yellow wax beans or green beans
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1 tbsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp pesweet pepper paste
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 ml water
- salt, pepper to taste
- 300g rice
- 150 g vegan cheese, shredded
- 200 ml vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Start by preparing your rice as per package instructions.
3. Meanwhile slice the cauliflower to florets, place it in a blender and blend it to small pieces, similar to rice.
4. Transfer it on a parchment paper placed on baking tray, season with salt and drizzle with a tiny dash of olive oil.
5. Place it in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Once cauliflower is done, start the next step.
7. In a saucepan heat up the coconut oil and add onion and garlic, sautée until fragrant. Add cauliflower, herbs and spices, pepper paste, water and let it cook over small heat.
8. Mix the vegan sour cream with salt and pepper, if needed add a little water to it to make it spreadable.
9. In a casserole pan, start to layer first with rice (so the casserole won’t burn down), then mix in the leftover rice with the cauliflower.
10. Add a thin layer of rice-cauliflower mix, green beans, rice-cauliflower mix, green beans, rice-cauliflower mix. Of course depends on your taste how many layers you’d like to have.
11. Make the last layers from vegan sour cream and top with shredded melty vegan cheese.
12. Bake it on 180°C for about 20 minutes or until the cheese melted and turns golden.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth