I love making treats, and more importantly, I love making traditional favorites vegan and showing others animal ingredients aren’t necessary when it comes to food! This vegan chocolate filled with caramel (which highly resembles a Rolo) is the perfect addition to a homemade holiday chocolate box. A box, which I believe makes a perfect gift and is sure to spread joy!
You can use whatever shape mold you like. For this recipe I’ve used a rounded pop-outable ice cube tray, to give these chocolate a “rolo” look. Silicon works best for easy removal.
Easy Vegan Rolos (The Perfect DIY Gift)
- 1/4 cup Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Vanilla Creamer
- Pinch Salt
- 1/3 cup Dairy Free Chocolate
1. Turn heat on stove to medium low and add sugar to a small saucepan, stirring until it melts completely and there are no lumps.
2. Remove pan from heat and stir in butter and vanilla creamer.
3. Put back on heat and whisk for 3 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and stir in salt.
5. Pour into bowl and let cool in fridge.
6. While caramel cools, place your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, stirring until smooth when you remove it from the microwave.
7. Spoon 1 teaspoon of chocolate into each mold, or enough to coat the bottom and sides. With knife or small brush, make sure all sides of individual mold are covered and there are no holes.
8. Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
9. Remove chocolate from freezer and caramel from fridge and spoon enough in to fill up to top of mold. Place back in the freezer for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from freezer and cover top of mold with additional chocolate. This forms the bottom of your Rolo. Place back in freezer for 10 minutes.
11. Pop Rolos out of the mold and use as you wish!
Related: Vegan Puppy Chow
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Nea Pantry