- 2 cups yellow or brown potatoes, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 heaping spoonfuls miso paste (yellow or red)
- 1 heaping tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed or minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley (for serving, optional)
- lime juice (for serving, optional)
- hot sauce (for serving, optional)
2. After about 5 minutes, add onions and garlic. Stir.
3. When you can chop a potato chunk in half with the edge of a wooden spoon, add carrots, celery, turmeric, curry powder, and more salt and pepper. Stir.
4. Cook with the lid on for 10 minutes, or until all the veggies are fairly soft. Add broth, water, soy sauce/liquid aminos, and miso paste.
5. Bring everything up to a boil, then stir and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 10 minutes and up to an hour--the longer the simmer the deeper the flavor, but it's already going to be pretty damn good.
6. Serve with parsley, a spritz of lime, and a splash of hot sauce.
*If you want to really bulk up this soup, you can add pre-cooked lentils and rice when you turn everything down to a simmer. Perfect for a snow day!
Also by Faye: Vegan French Recipes: Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
Related: Nourishing Detox Soup
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Faye Lessler