Lately, I've been loving this combination of ginger, berries, and beet. The earthy taste of beets pairs well with sweet berries and spicy ginger. Not to mention the beets turn the shake a pretty shade of pink. This is a wonderful combo to spice up your morning routine. Not only are beets packed with immunity-boosting vitamin C, they're also a good source of essential minerals potassium and manganese.
I topped by beet shake with almond milk yogurt, but some other topping ideas are fresh berries, shredded coconut, or granola. If you don't have steamed and frozen beets on hands, you can throw in fresh beets, but you may need to adjust the frozen fruit to achieve your desired consistency.
- 1 cup (+more to reach desired consistency) almond milk
- 1/2 cup steamed and frozen beets
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- one scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons almond milk yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
2. Serve with a swirl of yogurt and enjoy.
Also by Lauren: Vegan Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Related: High Protien Tahini Date Shake
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier