- 1 pound bag whole carrots
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, separated
- 1 cup quinoa
- dash sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut (plus brine)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
2. Wash carrots and place them whole on baking sheet, drizzled with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
3. Put in oven for 35-40 minutes (until tender and slightly caramelized.
4. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups of water to boil.
5. Add quinoa and a pinch of salt.
6. Lower heat to simmer and cover.
7. Cook for about 15 minutes, until fluffy.
8. Transfer to mixing bowl and stir through remaining oil, sauerkraut, mustard, and pepper.
9. Slice up carrots once cooked and mix into quinoa.
10. Serve into bowls and garnish with pistachios.
Also by Quincy: Vegan Chicken Salad with Aioli Dressing
Related: Copycat Panera Superfood Salad
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Quincy Malesovas