Are you ready for Thanksgiving? I hit the grocery store tonight and the aisles were bustling with pre-holiday anticipation. If you’re not quite feeling ready, you will be after you make these Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars! I whipped them up over the weekend and they were too good not to share. The crust is made from granola and then topped with a creamy pumpkin layer made with pumpkin puree, cashews, and coconut butter.
Enjoy these straight from the freezer for a chilled treat or let them thaw a bit for a gooier dessert. Share them with your family this holiday–or make a pan yourself and store in the freezer for future snacking!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 8 oz bag granola
- 2-4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup softened coconut butter
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + more as needed unsweetened almond milk
1. Add your favorite bag of granola to a blender with melted coconut oil and blend until the mixture starts to stick together and to the sides. Add more melted coconut oil if needed to get mixture to stick together.
2. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and press the granola mixture into a thin firm base layer with your hands. Place in the freezer while you make the pumpkin filling.
3. To make the filling, add pumpkin purée, softened coconut butter (place container in warm water for 30 mins), cashews (soaked for at least 1 hour in water), cinnamon, maple syrup, and unsweetened almond milk to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed to recombine. It’ll take a few minutes. Add an additional 2-4 TBS of almond milk if needed to get the blades moving. You want the end mixture to be thick and almost pourable.
4. Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Spread into an even layer with a spatula, cover, and place dish back in the freezer for another 2-3 hours.
5. To serve, lift parchment paper from the pan and slice into bars. Freeze leftovers until ready to use! Enjoy!
Also by Lauren: Spiced Apple Chips
Related: Gluten-Free Vegan Bundt Cake
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Kirchmaier