Shoestring fries are a nostalgic favorite, but to make them homemade seems like a chore. But with your simple spiralizer, you can make this crowd-pleasing treat so easily! This is one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes, and since it’s oil-free, you can really enjoy without any guilt. Spiced just right with ground turmeric and garlic powder, this will become your go-to for all your meals, parties, and more!
Oil-free Oven-Baked Shoestring Fries
- 4 Potatoes, spiralized (Yukon Golds, Sweet Potatoes)
- 1 tbsp Dried minced onion
- 1-2 tsp Ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- to taste Himalayan Pink Salt
- to taste Ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. While oven is preheating, toss the spiralized potatoes with all the spices.
Remember to cut the spirals so they’re not super long (sometimes I forget and wind up with fries that are over a foot long)!
3. Place potatoes onto a baking sheet with a reusable silicon baking sheet or parchment paper.
4. Bake for 20-30 mins until fries begin to get crisp. Take out and toss so the less crispy potatoes can get crispy.
5. Bake for another 10-15 mins, keeping an eye on the fries so they don’t burn.
6. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve on top of a large salad or munch by themselves!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Ashley Smaldino