When we moved into our current apartment, my boyfriend and I discovered some popsicles molds that the previous tenant had left behind. This was exciting: I'd always wanted to make my own popsicles, but could never justify the purchase of a popsicle mold because I figured I'd use it once and then forget about it. These vegan popsicles mark my foray into the culinary world of frozen treats. With apricots in season, I decided to mix them with rich coconut and spicy ginger. The result is a frozen treat that you'll want to make again and again all summer long!
Vegan Coconut Apricot Ginger Popsicles
Recipe Type: Sweets
YIELDS 4 popsicles
- 1 cup room temperature apricot juice
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (or 1/2 cup plain unsweetened coconut yogurt)
- 1/2-1 ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 small apricots, chopped into 1/2
1. Using a blender, combine apricot juice, coconut cream, and ginger until completely smooth. Stir chopped apricot into blended mixture. 2. Pour mixture into popsicle molds and place in freezer for 3-4 hours or overnight. 3. When ready to eat, remove popsicle from freezer and run under very warm water for about 30 seconds until popsicle releases from mold. Serve immediately.
Also by Molly: Vegan Crispy Artichoke Hummus Wraps
Related: Vegan Mocha Popsicles
Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne