Rooftop Rhubarb Cocktail With Sustainable Vodka & Homemade Syrup
- For the rhubarb syrup:
- 6 stalks rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use raw/turbinado sugar for the flavor)
- For the cocktail:
- 1.5 oz Marble Distilling Co's 80 Proof Vodka (can be subbed with another smooth vodka and would also be delicious with gin)
- 1.5 oz rhubarb syrup
- 1 oz lime juice
- 2 oz sparkling water (I use Topo Chico or mineral water for the softer bubbles and taste)
- a few pieces of rhubarb from making syrup
- mint for muddling and garnish
- strips of raw rhubarb for garnish
2. Once syrup is ready, muddle a few leaves of mint in the bottom of each glass. Add a spoonful of rhubarb bits left over from making syrup. If you'd like to garnish with raw rhubarb strips, coil them up and place them so that they stick to the sides of the glass. Then place ice cubes in the cocktail glasses.
3. Mix vodka, rhubarb syrup and lime in a cocktail shaker. Add this to each glass before pouring sparkling water over top.
4. Add a sprig of mint and a coil of rhubarb to garnish and serve. This drink is best enjoyed when sipped from a reusable straw.
Also by Faye: Chocolate Hazelnut Torte
Related: Refreshing Moscow Mule
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Faye Lessler