Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
- For the cookie dough:
- 2 tablespoons Flax Seed
- 6 tablespoons Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut OIl
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- For the Ice Cream:
- 2 cans Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2. Line two loaf pans with plastic wrap.
3. Begin to make the cookie dough by adding water to the flax seed in a large bowl and allow it to sit and thicken for a few minutes.
4. Add the coconut oil, sugars and vanilla to the flax seed mixture and mix on medium until well incorporated.
5. Sift together the dry ingredients of flour, cinnamon and salt. Add to the flax seed/sugar mixture and mix on medium until blended together.
6. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
7. Divide the dough into two halves and press each half into the bottom of a loaf pan prepared/lined with plastic wrap.
8. Place the loaf pans in the freezer to set.
9. Begin to make the ice cream by placing all ice cream ingredients in a blender and blend on medium/high until mixed together.
10. Follow the instructions of your ice cream maker and pour the ice cream mix into your ice cream maker's mixing bowl and allow to churn for approximately 20-25 minutes. You will see the ice cream thicken significantly to a consistency of soft serve ice cream.
11. Remove the loaf pans from the freezer and pour the ice cream onto the top of one of the cookie dough pieces at the bottom of one of the loaf pans and spread smooth with a rubber spatula or back of a spoon.
12. Lift the second cookie dough piece out of the second loaf pan by lifting the plastic wrap and place this piece of cookie dough on top of the ice cream, pressing down gently with your hands as needed for it to set on top of the ice cream.
13. Use the plastic wrap from the second loaf pan to wrap the ice cream/cookie dough and return to the freezer for approximately 3 hours.
14. Remove from the freezer, unwrap the cookie dough/ice cream and slice with a sharp knife. I cut these in half again from what is shown in the pictures as these are rich! Enjoy!
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!Photos: Colette Goguen