Are you looking for the perfect sweet treat to close out a chilly winter day? This three-minute peanut butter hot chocolate will do the trick. Lately, I’ve been craving the chocolate-peanut butter combo even more than usual (read: all the time), but I wanted an instant fix that didn’t require a lot of baking time. I love that this warm drink comes together in just a few minutes, especially if that means I have more time to snuggle up on the couch with my love.
Despite the short ingredient list, this hot chocolate tastes rich and complex–as if it’s been simmering on the stove for hours. And as a bonus, it has a nice protein boost, thanks to the peanut butter and hemp seeds. Who said desserts can’t be delicious AND healthy?!
Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
- 8 oz non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk for extra richness, but you can also use your favorite type)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave, optional
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all the ingredients except for the hemp seeds and maple syrup. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer–not a full boil–and remove from heat.
2. Carefully pour mixture into a blender and add the hemp seeds and maple syrup, if using. Blend on high for a minute until frothy. Pour into your favorite mug and sip away!
Also by Molly: Warm Golden Turmeric Milk
Related: Nutella-Inspired Hot Chocolate
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne