Are you looking for the perfect sweet treat to close out a chilly winter day? This three-minute peanut butter hot chocolate will do the trick. Lately, I've been craving the chocolate-peanut butter combo even more than usual (read: all the time), but I wanted an instant fix that didn't require a lot of baking time. I love that this warm drink comes together in just a few minutes, especially if that means I have more time to snuggle up on the couch with my love. Despite the short ingredient list, this hot chocolate tastes rich and complex--as if it's been simmering on the stove for hours. And as a bonus, it has a nice protein boost, thanks to the peanut butter and hemp seeds. Who said desserts can't be delicious AND healthy?!
YIELDS 1-2 servings
- 8 oz non-dairy milk (I used cashew milk for extra richness, but you can also use your favorite type)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave, optional
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together all the ingredients except for the hemp seeds and maple syrup. Allow the mixture to come to a simmer--not a full boil--and remove from heat. 2. Carefully pour mixture into a blender and add the hemp seeds and maple syrup, if using. Blend on high for a minute until frothy. Pour into your favorite mug and sip away!
Also by Molly: Warm Golden Turmeric Milk
Related: Nutella-Inspired Hot Chocolate
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne