This salad is perfect for hot summer nights when served cold, or colder days served warm. You can use any seasonal vegetables or even top it with vegan cheese, it’s going to be perfect no matter what.
Serve as a main or as a side dish at grill parties, everybody’s going to lick all ten fingers after tasting it.
Vegan lentil salad with crunchy vegetables and cruton
- 120 g lentil
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 medium paprika, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium green apple
- 1 hanfdul chive, chopped
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small head lettuce
- 4 tbs sunflower seeds
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 1-4, depends on needs baguette, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tbs vinegar
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs agave syrup
- to taste salt and pepper
1. Cook the lentils according to package instructions without any salt or spices, until it’s soft but a little crunchy outside.
2. Meanwhile prepare the dressing:
Mix together the shredded carrot, chopped onion and paprika, garlic and the chopped apples with the chives and parsley. Add olive oil, vinegar and balsamic vinegar along with dijon mustard and agave syrup. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
3. When lentil is cooked filter it so it loses all access liquid. Mix it with the vegetables while it’s still hot and leave it to cool until lukewarm.
4. Slice the baguettes into small cubes and bake them in the oven on 180 Celsius degree until golden brown. You can sprinkle a dash of garlic olive oil over them for extra deliciousness.
5. Serve it hot or cold, top with or mix in the lettuce. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and croutons.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth