Is it only me or is it a common human thing to feel like you don’t want to eat anything but at the same time, you kind want to eat out the fridge and the pantry? It was on a day like this when I made this pasta with the delicious creamy sauce. The shiitake mushrooms give a wonderfully rich, umami flavor, complemented by thyme and a little kick of hot sauce. It pairs perfectly with chickpeas—a legume wonder full of B vitamins (crucial for energy, skin, stable mood) and protein. Enjoy and be happy!
One Pot Vegan Pasta With Shiitake Mushrooms & Chickpeas
- 4 handful gluten free pasta of your choice
- 2 handful shitakee mushroom
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 dl soy milk
- 1-2 tbs nutritional yeast
- to taste salt, pepper
- 1/2 ts thyme
- few drops hot sauce
- 1 can chickpea
1. In a huge pot prepare your pasta as suggested on the packaging. You will need a little less water though as we are cooking everything together. While the pasta was cooking I already added the vegetable stock cube to it.
2. Meanwhile slice up the mushrooms and wash and drain the chickpea. When a little more than the half of the pasta water is cooked off, add the chickpea to the pasta and cook for a few minutes. Then add the shiitake along with salt, pepper, thyme and cook until they seem tender. 3. Whisk in soy milk and hot sauce.
4. When you find the mushrooms and the pasta perfect, just turn off the heat and mix in nutritional yeast to make it more sauce. You can use less or more, depending on how thick is the sauce already.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth