These zesty, cheerful, sweet and filling protein balls are ideal for party platters, potlucks or gifts. It’s full of vegan Omega-3, zinc, iron, potassium, and fiber, making this a great treat for any time of day. Try it for breakfast or before and after workouts!
Vegan Lemon Maple Protein Balls
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup Pecan nuts
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1/3 cup Plant-based milk
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Lemon zest for decoration
1. In a food processor, grind the oats and pecan nuts.
2. In a bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, lemon zest, and spices.
3. Add the maple syrup and plant-based milk.
4. With your hands form an even dough. If still too dry, add more plant-based milk, water or even a bit of nut butter. If not sweet enough, add more maple syrup.
5. Form small balls and place them in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
6. Decorate them with some lemon zest.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Tatiana Von Rheinbaben