It's officially summer, which means hot drinks like coffee, tea, and golden milk sound about as appealing as a hot bath. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy our beloved steeped drinks cold! I'm a big fan of golden turmeric milk (see my warm golden turmeric milk recipe from last fall) because it contains turmeric, an anti-inflammatory spice that gives this drink a beautiful golden hue. However, most golden milk recipes I see online don't contain caffeine, which, frankly, is a little sacrilege, don't you think? So consider this drink a "dirty" golden turmeric milk latte: creamy non-dairy milk, turmeric, coffee, and a little bit of cinnamon for sweetness. You can also add a touch of sweetener if you like. However you decide to enjoy it, just make sure it's on a porch, warm sun beating down, surrounded by friends and family. Can't do much better than that.
Vegan Iced Golden Turmeric Milk Latte
Recipe Type: Beverages
YIELDS 2 servings
- 2 cups brewed coffee, refrigerated for 20-30 minutes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pinch of cinnamon
- agave or maple syrup to taste (optional)
- handful of ice cubes
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together milk, turmeric, vanilla, agave, and cinnamon. 2. Divide ice cubes into two glasses. Pour coffee into each glass. 3. Add about 1/2 cup golden milk to each glass and stir to combine. Enjoy cold!
Also by Molly: Vegan Vanilla Rose Latte
Related: Vanilla Coconut Matcha Tea Latte
Vegan Cold Brew Iced Café au Lait
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne