Vegan Fishless Finger Sandwich
- 1 gluten-free baguette
- 4 gluten-free fishless or veggie fingers
- 1 tbsp margarine or vegan butter
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 2 tbsp ajvar
- 1 tsp hot paprika paste
1. To make your own avjar (creamy red bell pepper and eggplant spread), check out this authentic recipe from Croatia.
2. I used frozen gluten-free baguette for this, if you use that prepare it according to package instructions. If you use fresh, then just cut it into halves and toss in the oven for 5 minutes until it gets crispy.
3. Prepare the veggie/fishless fingers as well as per package instructions. (Might be different depending on brand.)
4. Once the baguette and the fishless fingers are done, butter one side of the baguette, place baby spinach and fishless fingers on top.
5. Mix together ajvar and hot paprika paste and transfer it evenly on the other side of the baguette. Put this side on top of your sandwich and serve while it’s warm.
Related: Vegan Fried Tomatillo Sandwich
Sprouted Lentil & Avocado Sandwich
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth