- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon, more to taste himalayan or Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes or Aleppo pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- coconut or olive oil for sautéing
2. Add stock and bring to a boil then add lentils and all seasoning.
3. Bring down to a simmer and cover for 1 hour or until desired consistency. Stir every 20 minutes.
Also by Alexa: Raw Vegan Probiotic Turmeric Hummus
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Alexa Pizzarello