This is a raw plant-based recipe. I have been eating plant-based for more than two decades now. The push to stop consuming meat was definitely my love for animals. I remember that my thinking process at just 7 years old was that I shouldn't be eating living beings. Then, at age 13, I took the best decision of my life! From then on, I have been living in harmony and a compassionate life with all earthlings.
Since then, I have discovered which foods help me thriving. I noticed the more raw food I eat, the better I feel. My nutrition is based on a predominantly raw vegan diet. The extremely hot weather for most of the year we have in Malta encourages this type of nutrition. I mostly crave hydrating fruit and vegetables anyway. The higher the water content, the better.
It’s not about the food in your life, but the life in your food!
Gravitating towards nutrient-dense foods that contain vital life force has lead me to experience so many health benefits.
Here are some benefits I experience when I am on a high raw vegan diet:
1. Increased energy levels
2. Hormonal balance
3. Great post-training recovery
4. Keeping a lean body
This is my personal experience and in no way I am saying that it works for everyone. But surely you can try these Smashed Cauliflower Bites. It is easy, quick and budget-friendly.
- 2 1/2 cups Cauliflower florets
- 2 1/2 cups Raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Small jalapeño
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
1. Add the cauliflower florets and sunflower seeds to a food processor and process until they are chopped into small pieces, taking care to not over process.
2. Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse approximately 30–40 times, or until everything is well combined and has a wet, crumbly consistency.
3. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference.
4. Take out a spoonful at a time, squeeze it tightly together in your fist, then shape them with your fingertips.
I served these smashed cauliflower bites on a bed of rucola and some chopped cherry tomatoes.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Roberta Farrugia