The dressing for this salad is usually made with mayo, but using plain cashew yogurt is a healthier option that will give you the same results. You can still use vegan mayo if that is what you have on hand or prefer. This salad is flexible and doesn’t have to be made exactly according to recipe. Feel free to use pecans or almonds instead of walnuts, or add in cranberries or raisins if you don’t have grapes. This can be eaten as is for a light lunch, or it can be stuffed inside of a pita pocket to make a sandwich.
- 2 1/2 tbsp plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pear, cubed
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 cups kale, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the yogurt, lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together until combined.
2. Add in the fruit, nuts, and kale, and toss well to coat.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote