- Chia Jam
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 3 bananas
- 2 1/3 cup oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Make the chia jam: Pour frozen berries, lemon juice, vanilla, water, and sugar into a pot. Boil for 6–8 minutes and then reduce to a low simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Once jam is thickened, turn off heat and stir in chia. (For thicker jam, add additional chia seeds as needed.)
4. Prepare the cookie: Mash three bananas in a mixing bowl.
5. Add 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder, 2 ⅓ cup oats, 1 T vanilla, 2 T chia, and 1 cup coconut flakes.
6. Combine all ingredients and form balls of dough.
7. Place dough on baking sheet and press thumb in center to create a thumbprint-sized divet.
8. Bake the cookie batter for 10 minutes, then pull out of oven and place a dollop of jam in each thumbprint.
9. Bake for an additional 10 minutes
Let cool and enjoy!
Also by Dana: Vegan Buffalo Chick-Un Dip
GF Vegan Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowl
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick