Easy Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip (Gluten-Free)
- 1 can jackfruit
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Frank's RedHot preferred)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese
- (Optional) 2 stalks green onions
1. Soak cashews in hot water for approximately 25–30 minutes or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. While cashews are soaking, heat up olive oil in saucepan on medium-low heat.
4. Drain jackfruit and put whole pieces of the fruit in the sauce pan, stirring occasionally for 5–10 minutes.
5. As jackfruit cooks, slowly shred the jackfruit with two forks in the pan, stirring until lightly browned.
6. Remove from heat and spread out in a small, well-coated cake pan (ideally 8” or 6” and round).
7. Once the cashews are soaked, strain and add to a blender along with 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, ½ cup Frank’s red hot sauce, ½ cup water, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp dill seeds, and 1 tsp parsley. Blend until well-incorporated.
8. Pour sauce over jackfruit and stir until combined.
9. Sprinkle with vegan cheese on top and cook for 15–20 minutes.
10. Serve (optionally) with green onions on top for extra crunch, and enjoy!
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Dana Drosdick