Perfect Crispy Potato Hash With Mushrooms (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 4-6 Potatoes (4 large–6 small)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
1. Slice the onion into half-moons, mince the garlic and chop up the potatoes into small cubes. Slice the mushrooms.
2. Heat olive oil a heavy skillet over high heat.
3. Add the onion and garlic, stirring as the onions turn translucent and the garlic turns golden brown and crispy. This will take about a minute.
4. Add the potatoes. Add the cumin and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so the potatoes won’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Gradually add a little water (about a tablespoon) and place a lid on the pan to soften the potatoes for five more minutes. Turn the heat low and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 more minutes, until the potatoes and mushrooms are lightly brown.
6. Season with garlic salt and pepper. You can serve this on a bed of greens, with a side salad, or crunchy toast. Serve and enjoy!
Photo: Debbie Tan