The best thing about this recipe is that you can have the beans for breakfast with salad over bread, or have it as a side for dinner or lunch, or even just on their own. And while the seasoning I used is based on the typical herbs they use in Provence, France, you can replace it with Italian or Greek seasoning so your taste buds will never get tired of this deliciousness.
- 1 can white beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence seasoning (savory, thyme, marjoram, tarragon, rosemary, lavenderbuds)
- 1 pinch of each garlic and onion powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
1. Drain and rinse the beans first.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a small skillet. Add the beans, Herbes de Provence seasoning (if you don’t have you can use the herbs that you have at home, like rosemary, thyme, tarragon, marjoram), garlic and onion powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
3. Heat all the way through until just warm, about 2 minutes; or you can let the beans brown a little, which will make them more dry but intensely flavorful.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth