I love to organize picnics with my friends and my all time favorite picnic salad is definitely this Mediterranean potato salad. Finger licking good! Budget friendly and quick, and won’t leave you hungry.
Mediterranean vegan potato salad
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 medium sized potatoes, sliced
- 3-4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large green onion, sliced
- 1 can (200g) white beans in tomato sauce
- 1 can (200g) chickpeas
- 1 handful olives, sliced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- to taste salt and pepper
1. Cook the sliced potatoes in slightly salted water, until they become fork tender.
2. Meanwhile in a large pan, heat up the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the green onion until translucent. Then season with oregano and basil and cook for an additional minute.
Add tomatoes and cook until they soften. Season with salt and pepper.
3. When the potatoes are done, add them to the tomatoes along with the white beans in tomato sauce, olives and chickpeas. Remove over the heat and combine well together.
You can serve it either warm or cold. I prefer to top it with toasted sesame seeds for extra crunchiness.
You can peel the potatoes if you don’t like the skin, i love it so i never peel them.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth