I've kept the ingredients as natural as possible with no added sugar, while still keeping that same beautiful banana bread flavor. You could add dates, maple syrup or sugar if you have more of a sweet tooth. Enjoy this as a snack or for your breakfast.
Moist & Fluffy One-Bowl Banana Bread (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 3 extremely ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/3 cups Brown rice flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (for greasing the loaf pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Mash 2 1/2 bananas. Save half a banana for the banana bread topping.
3. Chop the walnuts finely and add to the mashed banana.
4. Gradually add the plant based milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients: brown rice flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until combined (but don’t overmix, keep it light to ensure that it is fluffy).
6. Slice the remaining half of the banana and arrange on the banana bread batter.
7. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for 55-60 minutes. Leave it to cool for at least 10 minutes. The top should be golden brown with caramelized banana slices. When you insert a skewer into the loaf, it should come out clean. Enjoy! 😊
Also by Debbie: Vegan Flourless Apple Bread
Related: Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan