Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Bread
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/8 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 tbsp active yeast
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cinnamon
1. Add yeast and cane sugar to a bowl and stir in warm water until dissolved. Let sit for about 5 min, until the top layer becomes foamy.
2. Add flour, oil, and salt and mix well.
3. Knead the dough with your hands until a ball forms. Let rise for about an hour, until double in size.
4. Roll out the dough into the shape of a rectangle. Cover with cinnamon and powdered sugar.
5. Roll up the dough into the shape of a log and place it in a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, until the outside is golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Also by Lauren: Simple Homemade Peasant Bread With Vegan Feta & Figs
Related: Chai Spiced Vegan Bread Pudding
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote