Maple Glazed Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 large sweet potato
- 1 tbs vegan butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 ts sweet paprika powder
- 1 ts cumin seed
- salt, pepper
1. Wash the sweet potatoes and place them in a large pot of boiling water. When they are soft but not too tender take them out of the water and let them cool. Once cooled slice them into rounds, if you want you can even peel them before but you can also let the skin on.
2. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 400°F and prepare the sauce. In a sauce pan melt the vegan butter over small heat, combine with maple syrup and spices.
3. Place the sweet potato rounds on a baking tray and parchment paper, and cover them with the maple sauce.
4. Put the tray in the oven and bake it until the maple starts to turn golden on the top of the sweet potatoes.
Also by Imola: Vegan Cottage Cheese Spread (for Sandwiches, Dip & more)
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth