This glass noodle salad comes together for a quick lunch in just 20 minutes. Get your vitamins in with this refreshing noodle salad. This can be kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days so it's perfect for meal prepping. Also, a bonus is that the noodles don't clump or stick together over time, partly due to the dressing and partly due to the submerging in cold water. A note on the dressing: this can be used to dress up all kinds of delicious salads. It's tangy, salty, sweet, and fragrant too. Hope you enjoy!
Easy Vegan Glass Noodle Salad
Recipe Type: Allergen Free Hearty Entrees
YIELDS 4 servings
- 1 Carrot
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Cellophane Glass Noodles
- 2 tbsp Seaweed
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
1. Blanch the seaweed, carrot and cucumber in boiling water and let this expand for 10 minutes.
2. While you wait, boil the cellophane glass noodles for 10 minutes. Once it’s done, rinse and submerge in cold water.
3. Remove the vegetables. Slice the carrot and cucumber finely.
4. In a large bowl, mix the carrot, cucumber, seaweed and noodles. Add a dash of rice vinegar (mirin would work well for this), soy sauce, sesame oil, and black sesame seeds if using. It’s ready to serve! 🙂
Related: Vegan Miso Sesame Eggplant & Coconut Millet
Vegan Mushroom Sticky Rice (Lo Mai Gai)
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan