- 3 large Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 can (500g) Chickpeas
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- Crusty bread, to serve
1. Roughly chop up the tomatoes and onion.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in cold water.
3. Heat up some olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and fry until sizzling, around 3 minutes.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the rosemary and thyme. Fry until the onions are brown.
5. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas. If you like a bit of a kick, add the chili flakes. Simmer for 20 minutes.
6. Season with garlic salt and serve with crusty bread. This would also go well with pasta or rice. For variation, you could try adding a squeeze of lemon or chopped olives too.Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days or for a month in the freezer. Enjoy! 😊
Also by Debbie: The Best Vegan Brownies
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Debbie Tan