1. Chiffonade--cut into thin strips--1 whole medium head of green cabbage and ½ of a medium head of purple cabbage.
2. Peel the outside layer off of 3 large carrots. Chop off the ends. One by one, using the peeler, hold a carrot in one hand and use the other hand to grate strips off, down the length of the carrot, rotating the carrot as you grate so strips come off evenly. We don’t want a chunky veggie platter, just beautifully thin strips!
3. In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by stirring together the mayo, agave syrup, lime juice, rice vinegar, black pepper, and salt, until incorporated.
4. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and dressing.
5. Optional: top with celery seeds and extra carrot strips for a stunning presentation.
Checkered blankets and picnic-friendly weather may not be happening outside right now, but it’s all heat waves and sunshine indoors when I whip up a side of this irresistibly creamy vegan coleslaw. It’s become such a staple for me and my family that it’s transformed into more than just a side--it’s the topping to our sandwiches, the bases for our salads, the yin-to-our-summer-yang.
So whether you need a side or a condiment, are in a heat wave or a torrential downpour, my picnic-worthy coleslaw will bring you summer nostalgia all year 'round.
Also by Missy: Slow Cooker Taco Caserole
Related: Best Ever Vegan "Chicken" Salad
Yummy Mexican Coleslaw
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Missy Ruttencutter