- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maca
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 package strawberries
- shredded coconut to top
- sliced/crushed almonds to top
2. In the top pot, stir in the chocolate chips and the coconut oil until combined. The coconut oil keeps the chocolate from burning or clumping, so if you notice either of these things happening, add a little more coconut oil as needed.
3. Stir in the maca, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cayenne pepper, and vanilla extract. Continue to stir so the chocolate stays nice and smooth.
4. Line a cookie sheet with wax/parchment paper.
5. Begin dipping your strawberries into the melted chocolate. Place them on the lined cookie sheet.
6. While the chocolate is still hot, top with almonds or coconut. It's best to top each one as you make it.
7. Place in the fridge to harden for 5-10 minutes before they are ready to eat. Keep stored in the fridge or the chocolate will melt!
Also by Lauren: Gluten-Free Mushroom Pho Soup
Related: Nutella-Inspired Hot Chocolate
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Lauren Sacerdote