This recipe is one of the easiest and most fool-proof recipes if you quickly want a healthy snack, or if someone comes over and you did not prepare but you'd love to serve something for them. Not just easy and quick, but delicious and fluffy! Let me show you how.
YIELDS 16 muffins
- 40g sunflower oil
- 200ml almond milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 80g ground poppy seed
- 150g gluten-free flour blend
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 100g blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oil, lime juice, vanilla extract, maple syrup, salt, and lightly stir in the gluten free flour blend, poppy seed, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Mix well and add tiny splashes of milk to make the dough less dry.
4. Add the fresh blueberries and fold in gently, to make sure you don’t crush them.
5. Transfer the mixture between muffin cases in a muffin tin.
6. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Related: Vegan Blueberry Apple Crumble
Vegan Spirulina Raspberry Muffins
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth