This recipe fits perfectly into a standard pie pan but you can use any similar size cast-iron or baking dish. You can also add some vegan bacon if you want to make this a little more authentic. This can be enjoyed by itself or served alongside some fresh greens.
Vegan Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 4 small to medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp chives
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Pierce the potatoes with a fork and place them directly on the baking rack in the oven. Bake for 45 mins.
3. While the potatoes are baking, prepare the other ingredients. Add the olive oil, broccoli, pepper, and red onion to a large pan and sauté for about five minutes until softened. Set aside.
4. Remove potatoes from oven and add to a large bowl. Chop roughly. Stir in the butter until it melts.
5. Add the sour cream, garlic, green onions, salt, and pepper and mix well.
6. Fold in the shredded cheese and sautéed veggies.
7. Pour into a baking pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and serve.
Photo: Lauren Sacerdote