- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp ras el hanout seasoning
- to taste sea salt, fresh ground pepper
- 200 g baby carrots, chopped in matchstick size
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup nut mix, dry toasted
1. In a smaller pan, dry toast the nut mix. Be careful not to burn them.
2. Make the dressing:
I prefer to use a jar to shake everything well together.
Add oil, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, mustard, coriander, rice syrup, ras el hanout. salt and pepper to a jar, close the lid and shake well to combine everything together. You can use a fork or spoon to whisk them as well until smooth. Set aside.
3. Slice the carrots into matchstick sizes. Be careful not to cut your finger. Or you can buy pre-cut carrots or simply use grated carrots.
4. In a salad bowl mix together carrots, dried cranberries, toasted nuts and dressing.
5. You can garnish with fresh cilantro or scallion. The leftover is very nice with crumbled vegan feta cheese over toasted bread.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Imola Toth