My favorite condiment ever is sriracha and I use it wherever I can. Even if you don’t like spice you’ll enjoy this sauce as the addition of the vegan mayonnaise and soy sauce creates a tanginess that works really well with the crunchiness of the cauliflower wings.
- 1 Small cauliflower
- 150 ml Plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon All purpose flour
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 3–4 tablespoons Sriacha
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Lime juice
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Cut up your cauliflower into bite-sized chunks.
3. Into 3 dishes place the milk, flour and panko breadcrumbs.
4. Into the panko mixture add; garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
5. Put your cauliflower into the milk, then the flour, then the milk, then the panko breadcrumbs and repeat with every cauliflower piece.
6. Place your cauliflower on a baking tray with greaseproof paper in it.
7. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, or until the outside is crispy and the inside is soft.
8. While the cauliflower is cooking assemble the sauce by mixing together the sriracha, maple syrup, vegan mayonnaise, soy sauce and lime juice.
9. After 20 minutes of baking, take the cauliflower bites out and brush them lightly in the sauce. Make sure you leave at least half of the sauce left.
10. Put the cauliflower bites back in the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
11. Once the cauliflower bites are cooked, plate them up and drizzle the rest of the sauce over them. Feel free to garnish them with cilantro, sesame seeds or any topping of choice.
Get more like this—Sign up for our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photo: Hannah Roberts