A few years ago, when I was trying to eat more raw foods, I purchased a spiralizer on a whim. For a couple weeks, I used it nearly every day in zucchini, carrot, and even cucumber noodles. I was obsessed. And then I got busy and it promptly languished in my pantry for years. I recently decided to pull it out and try out some new recipes that had been turning around in my head for some time.
These homemade Garlic Rosemary Curly Fries were the first product of my renewed experimentation. I love fries, but I prefer to make my own whenever possible because I think packaged kind is often to salty or over/under-seasoned. These fries are definitely not as crispy or curly as the store-bought kind, but they’re still tasty and fun to eat. I mean, potatoes are delicious in any form or fashion, right?
Vegan Garlic Rosemary Curly Fries
- 1 yukon gold potato, peeled
- Olive or coconut oil spray (or 1 tablespoon oil)
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Toppings of choice: ketchup, mustard, parsley, etc.
1. Turn oven on broil mode.
2. Using a vegetable spiralizer, spiralize whole potato.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out spiralized potatoes, spreading them out so they don’t overlap. Spray or drizzle oil on curly fries, then add rosemary, garlic powder, and salt. Toss to combine.
4. Place baking sheet under broiler and cook for 5-7 minutes, checking every couple minutes to make sure the fries don’t burn.
5. When curly fries are done cooking, remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm with toppings of choice.
Also by Molly: Vegan Crispy Artichoke Hummus Wraps
Related: Oil-Free Oven Baked Shoestring Fries
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Molly Lansdowne