There’s nothing I enjoy more than whipping up a quick batch of cookies to satisfy my sweet tooth. What’s even more satisfying though, is creating new cookie recipes from scratch with ingredients I already have tucked away in my kitchen cabinets.
This time around (after quickly taking inventory of my kitchen cupboards), I decided to combine three absolute cookie classics — peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chips — for one decadent, trifecta dessert!
If you’re not much one for baking, worry not! These delicious treats are *so* easy to whip up and can be ready in under 30 minutes! Drizzle on some dark chocolatey goodness (or even some dairy-free white chocolate!) and you’re ready to start snacking! Enjoy!
Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Drizzled Cookies
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup softened vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 cup Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and lightly grease a baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, sugar, flour, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the unsweetened applesauce, vanilla extract, and almond milk.
4. Pour the wet mixture in with the dry one and mix all of the ingredients together.
5. Add in the peanut butter and the softened butter to the mixture and stir.
6. Fold in the rolled oats and mix thoroughly.
7. Cover the bowl and place into the freezer for ten minutes.
8. Remove the bowl from the freezer and use a spoon to scoop out spoonfuls of the dough and place them onto the greased sheet.
9. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool.
11. Pour 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil into a microwavable bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Place back into the microwave for 30 more seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. Using a fork or spoon, drizzle the melted chocolate onto the cookies. Enjoy!
Also by Audrey: Vegan Cinnamon Pecan Cookies
Related: Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
Get more like this—Subscribe to our daily inspirational newsletter for exclusive content!
Photos: Audrey Enjoli